2.15.2008

How was I supposed to know?

Well, valentines day didnt work out exactly as i had planned it to, but whos counting right? well, ill fill you in on my mishaps... I had planned to take my wife to a nice little thai restaurant for V day... one that we go to occasionally, but one that we both really like.. it is, in fact, the only thai restaurant that i like, and lindsay loves thai food, so it is a great treat to go there together.. anyways, we left the house after having discussed the menu all day... our mouths started salivating as we pulled into the lot... alright you guessed it, we were rejected at the door because we did not have reservations... then holding up a dollar bill i asked if "mr washington" had reservations, and then the lady told me to leave in more than one language... APPARENTLY there is some sort of cosmic rule that everyone is supposed to know that you sometimes have to make reservations at places that dont normally take reservations on certain days, solely at the discretion of the restaurant. how was i supposed to know this? well, consider it noted. anyway, i have an understanding wife and we ended up getting some fast food and heading back to the house to watch lost. am i proud of my shortcomings? no... but i am proud to be an american, and proud to know that i reserve my econstitutionalganic right to NOT make reservations on special occasions thereth haveth my constitutional amended forth right patriotism. amen to that....

peace love and broken hearts...
js