10.19.2007

In case you dont read our website...


After seven years of touring, recording, and rehearsing, Dave Douglas has decided to leave Relient K. His final show will be 12/29. As a part of Relient K, he has been an amazing drummer, singer, collaborator, and friend. Before Dave joined the band, we were plagued with drummer turnover. Although he was the fifth drummer in two years, the moment he joined was the first time we ever felt like a complete band. He will be missed on the stage and on the road, and we wish him all the best.
RK

I know that there have been some rumors and speculation about my future in Relient K. I suppose I should clear that up. The time has, in fact, come for me to leave the band. This has been a very difficult decision, but I know that this is the right one. Relient K has been a huge part of my life and I'm sure that it is going to take a long time to get used to not being a part of the band any more. I've had a lot of good times, met a lot of great people, and been able to go a lot of places. it's been a blessing and a pleasure to work with Matt, Matt, John, and Jon. Also, I want to thank everyone else who has been involved with the band, especially those who have been on the road with us. Our fans are amazing and I want to thank all of you for your support and enthusiasm.

I am moving on to new music projects, and I hope that I will still have all of your support. Come the first of the year I will be devoting most of my time to Gypsy Parade . Feel free to look us up and say hi. Until then I will playing with Relient K, so I've got a few more shows left in me. I suppose that this is my "farewell tour." hopefully I, and the rest of Relient K, will see you at one of them.
Thanks to all of you.

-Dave Douglas





Well, as for me... i have known about this for a lot longer than most of you. I have done my best to shy away from emails about this until dave officially made a statement. I am glad that i have known dave for the many years i have known him, and even more glad i have been able to be a band mate of his for these past 3 years. we have had many good times, and many great times. he has, and always will be considered a true friend by me, and i wish him the best success and happiness that life has to offer.

js