11.25.2007

Thoughts on the day


I was startled by a text i received late tonight that Casey from hawthorne heights had passed away last night. I had the pleasure of doing a tour supporting hawthorne on the nintendo fusion tour last year. I got to know casey a little and he was always a great person to be around, always had a smile on his face, took his band serious, loved his fans, and had every nintendo DS game that was on the market. It is always a weird feeling to hear that someone you know, even if it isnt well, has passed away. It reminds us how fragile and perfect the gift of life is. I will remember Casey the way most people will probably remember him... headbanging, and screaming, jamming the guitar, with a smile on his face between songs. My prayers go out to your family, as well as your band mates and friends.

peace, love, and remembering casey...
js